About the Lafayette Building

Built in 1940 to serve as the headquarters of the Federal Loan Agency and its most important component, the Reconstruction Finance Corporation (RFC), the Lafayette Building housed these agencies who were considerable components for financing the wartime mobilization of American industry. Constructed in the Stripped Classical style that is prominent in our nation’s capital, the building was determined a National Historic Landmark in September 2005.

The current tenants are the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM Bank) and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Last Reviewed 2016-06-30