OMB and GSA announce financial management shared services for Department of Agriculture
October 7, 2016
Washington -- Today the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the office of Unified Shared Services Management (USSM) in the General Services Administration (GSA) are announcing the designation of the Department of Agriculture’s Financial Management Services (FMS) as a provider of CGI’s Momentum(R) solution for financial management.
As part of the implementation of OMB’s Memorandum 13-08 Improving Financial Systems through Shared Services, FMS was previously designated as a Federal Shared Service Provider. After a comprehensive, committee-based evaluation process that included leadership commitments and capability assessments, FMS was approved to offer Momentum as a solution to other federal agencies.
Through moving to a shared services model individual agencies and the entire federal enterprise gain a number of benefits:
- Enabling agency mission by redirecting the workforce to mission functions and reducing administrative burden.
- Improving data based decision-making through access to reliable, standardized, and just in time data for better management.
- Strengthening cybersecurity with fewer systems that are easier and more cost efficient to protect and modernize.
- Recognizing cost efficiencies in mission support operations by leveraging common practices, maintaining fewer systems and distributing personnel in lower-cost areas.
- Attaining economies of scale through consolidating and modernizing technologies across the government.
The USSM was established in October of 2015 to enable the delivery of high-quality, high-value shared services that improve performance and efficiency throughout government.
The mission of GSA is to deliver the best value in real estate, acquisition and technology services to the government and the American people. As the real estate and procurement arm of the federal government, GSA is a driver of innovation, technology, sustainability and economic development in cities and communities across the nation.
Join the conversation online @USGSA #InnovateGov