GSA Reverse Auctions
GSA launched a Government Managed Reverse Auction System on July 1, 2013. The tool is ideal for commercial items and simple services that can be purchased on a low price technically acceptable basis. GSA aims to help agencies acquire goods and services more effectively while helping them save money. Currently, GSA Schedules, VA Schedules, and multiple Schedules-based Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) are loaded on the platform including the Office Supply 2 and Wireless Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative BPAs.
The new Reverse Auction Platform offers many benefits to federal buying agencies:
- Real-time pricing
- Access to past auction results, with Level III spend, that provides market intelligence for future auctions.
- Data integration with other e-tools such as eBuy for authentication and eLibrary for catalog updates
- Help with meeting small business goals, since 80 percent of MAS vendors are small businesses
- Ability to structure auctions with customizable price and duration parameters
And to industry partners, including:
- No additional fees for GSA and VA Schedule products purchased on the platform
- Real-time pricing
- Vendor’s are aware of where they stand in the auction process
- Bidders’ identities are not visible to other sellers/bidders
- Promotes small business; buyers may conduct small business set-asides in the platform. Access to a market of 80 percent of small businesses under MAS
The Reverse Auction Platform’s Web site offers much useful information on the “ins” and “outs” of this new e-Tool, including:
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers: Find information on reporting vendor performance, how long an auction lasts, how reverse auction awards are synchronized with contract notifications and awards, and more.
- Buyer User Guide: Get step-by-step screen instructions on how buyers create an auction, view available vendors, see bids, make and finalize awards, and navigate the various dashboards on the site.
- Vendor User Guide: See step-by-step screen instructions on how vendors qualify for auctions, place and confirm bids, find out about vendor awards, get auction summaries, and more.
In order to access GSA Reverse Auction, vendors need a valid GSA Schedule and eBuy Buyer username and password. If vendors need an eBuy username, they can register here: https://www.ebuy.gsa.gov/advantage/main/registration.do. The Reverse Auction Platform is not setup for non-eBuy registrants (open market vendors). Vendors participating in auctions must already be on approved FSS, VA MAS, and BPAs awarded against Schedules. As a Web-based program, the platform allows all qualified vendors to participate within the schedule chosen and special item number (SIN) categories for which they hold contracts. Vendors can contact their Schedule Contracting Officer to add non schedule products to their contract or update their point of contact e-mail information.
Need more information? For general ReverseAuctions.gsa.gov support questions, assistance or training, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-372-1094. For questions about the GSA Reverse Auctions program, please send an email to: email@example.com.