Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management (MDM/MAM) tools deployed enterprise-wide have become a key focus for federal agencies as security has become a top priority.
GSA and a cross-government team identified a set of MDM/MAM functional requirements [PDF, 861KB].
We also identified potential solutions that you can order through existing governmentwide contracts to meet those requirements.
The MDM/MAM solutions are designed to:
- Enable wireless assets to become fully integrated components of the IT enterprise;
- Improve security, integration, and mobile application adoption;
- Securely manage mobile devices and platforms;
- Increase access to data, applications, and services;
- Comply with federal policies and administrative initiatives; and
- Deliver comprehensive core functions to manage your wireless devices and applications.
Resources are available to help you find and procure MDM/MAM solutions:
- A complete set of requirements [PDF, 861KB] and a Statement of Work (SOW) [PDF, 1,843KB] that adheres to existing federal policies and administrative priorities;
- Potential sources of supply that satisfy the greatest government need as measured against the baseline requirements; The User Guide [PDF, 816KB];
- An acquisition pathway through existing government-wide procurement vehicles;
- Help with acquisition strategy development and scope reviews; and
- An adaptable, repeatable mechanism that can account for variable market conditions.
We continually look at ways to grow, scale, evaluate, and improve new technologies and will add new features when available.
For more information, view the July 2013 MDM/MAM webinar [MP4, 2.7KB].