Accident Management Center (AMC) - Vendor FAQs
Below are questions frequently asked by vendors.
- A GSA Fleet vehicle arrived at my shop. What should I do?
- I am a commercial vendor who wants to get GSA Fleet business. What should I do?
- How do I register for SAM?
- As the vendor, what am I required to provide to the AMC?
- How will I get paid after the vehicle is fixed?
1. A GSA Fleet vehicle arrived at my shop. What should I do?
Before performing any work, please contact the Accident Management Center (AMC) by calling the toll-free number (866) 400-0411 and select option 2.
2. I am a commercial vendor who wants to get GSA Fleet business. What should I do?
If you are located in the United States and interested in becoming a GSA Fleet vendor, please contact the nearest Fleet Management Center to your location. If you are located in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands and interested in becoming a GSA Fleet vendor, please contact the Puerto Rico Fleet Management Center at (787) 749-4440.
In some cases, a vendor may be required to register with the System for Award Management Program (SAM) before they will be considered for competitive procurements. SAM is a web-based system that encompasses all the government systems used to validate vendor information for the purpose of varying levels of federal contracts. Please review the information below if you, as the vendor, must register in SAM.
3. How do I register for SAM?
STEP ONE: Request a Dun & Bradstreet Number
In order for you to sign up in SAM, you must have a Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) number (Digital Universal Numbering System (D-U-N-S)). If the you already have a D & B number, start the registration process as stated in the section below titled "Step Two: Register for SAM". If you don't have a Dun & Bradstreet number you can:
- Contact Dun & Bradstreet at (866) 705-5711; and
- Go online to visit the Dun & Bradstreet website [nongovernment website].
Before starting the process to get a D-U-N-S number you will need your business information (i.e. tax identification number (TIN), address and phone number).Be ready to answer questions that only the owner knows.
After establishing a D-U-N-S number, you must wait 24 hours before registering with SAM.
STEP TWO: Register for SAM
- To register, go to the SAM website. Vendors will need to create an account with SAM – an email will be sent to the vendor for validation before they can register their business entity.
- Caution! - Nongovernment SAM Websites: there are a plethora of .com and .org websites offering services to vendors to help with SAM registration and other issues for a fee; please note that these are not government websites. Government-issued aid to vendors regarding SAM is offered at no cost to vendors.
- Make sure that you, as the vendor, keep your user ID, password and the answers to the three security questions. You will need to know this when completing the vendor’s annual account update!
- After the vendor validates their account, the vendor needs to log back into SAM and select the “Manage Entity” and then “Register New Entity”.
- Before logging into the SAM website, please make sure that you, as the vendor, have the following:
- Your D-U-N-S number;
- Your business address EXACTLY as Dun & Bradstreet has it registered;
- The business TIN; and
- Banking information (routing ID, account information) to assist in completing your SAM Entity registration.
- The CODES that you will need to enter for auto body and general auto repairs are as follows:
- NAICS Code: 811121 (for body repairs) and/or 811111 (for maintenance repairs)
- Be sure that the vendor fills out all mandatory fields! Do not enter “tax exempt” if they are exempt from their state. This field is for federal tax exemption only.
- If you have any problems completing the SAM registration process, please contact the SAM Helpdesk at (866) 606-8220.
Once you have completed your business’ registration with SAM, you must notify the Accident Management Center at (866) 400-0411, select option #2 then select option #2 again, so that we can update the information in our database. In order to assist you quickly, please have your Dun & Bradstreet (D-U-N-S) number available.
Here are some additional resources that you can use to help you register for SAM:
- SAM Registration - You Tube [a nongovernment website]; and
- SAM User Guide.
4. As the vendor, what am I required to provide to the AMC?
- You must provide an estimate which must show parts and labor broken out individually before repairs are initiated.
- Pictures of damage prior to repair:
- One photo should give context to the extent and location of the accident damage relative to the rest of the vehicle, showing the damaged panel(s) and at least one undamaged adjacent panel; and
- It is recommended that vendors provide a minimum of two pictures of each damaged area on the vehicle.
- If you find supplemental costs or hidden damages, you must submit a supplemental estimate and photos to support the request.
- The AMC technician will advise you on the procedures for amending the purchase order issued for the authorized original estimate.
- The agency representative picking up the vehicle must sign the final invoice to verify repairs are complete and satisfactory.
5. How will I get paid after the vehicle is fixed?
The AMC technician will provide a MasterCard number via phone to pay for most vehicle body repairs.