GSA's Alliant GWAC Just Got Social
Washington, DC - The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) took another step forward today in increasing collaboration among government and industry by launching a new social media community on Interact.gsa.gov for its Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), Alliant II and Alliant Small Business II. The Alliant community page on Interact will facilitate a transparent and open dialog around GSA’s strategy for the next version of the Alliant GWACs by collecting input and feedback from federal agency customers and current and potential Alliant industry partners. Following the success of the OASIS Interact community in driving collaboration between GSA, federal agencies and the contractor community, the Alliant Interact community will serve as a forum for industry and government to gather feedback on proposed strategies, discuss ideas, and work together to create the most effective and efficient next-generation Alliant GWACs from GSA.
- The current Alliant GWACs for Information Technology services are among GSA’s most successful acquisition programs for the federal government with 50 federal agencies doing more than $20 billion in business volume since their inception in 2009.
- GSA Alliant and Alliant Small Business GWACs are used for complex IT requirements involving data center consolidation, systems integration, cloud computing, cyber security, help desk support, and other IT disciplines.
- The Alliant II and Alliant Small Business II Interact communities will serve as the one-stop-shop for all updates and information regarding the next-generation Alliant GWACs.
- The scope of the Alliant GWACs is built on the foundation of Federal Enterprise Architecture allowing for in-scope acquisition of new and emerging technologies.
- The GSA GWAC Program is widely acclaimed for superior customer service, scope reviews, and acquisition support.
FAS Commissioner Tom Sharpe weighs in:
“GSA is committed to working collaboratively with our industry and government partners to develop the most efficient and effective acquisition vehicles. Creating a feedback channel for industry and government to work in partnership with GSA in the creation of the next generation of Alliant and Alliant Small Business is critical to continuing the success of these billion-dollar programs. This is just the first step in a long process, but this helps lay the groundwork for a smooth transition down the road.”
Federal Agency Customers Praise Alliant GWACs
- “The customer service that the GSA Alliant GWAC team provided was exceptional and the Statement of Work review support was very helpful.”
— Gabriel Aviles, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- "The Alliant GWAC team was responsive, flexible and sensitive to our needs when we took short-notice ownership of a complex, multi-million dollar contract. Without the support of extremely competent GSA contracting staff, there is no way we could have put a contract in place to stabilize the stressful, tenuous workplace environment that was beginning to develop. We always felt part of the process from Statement Of Work (SOW) development to contract award. The most pleasant contracting experience we've had to date."
— Reginald L. Sennie, Major, USAF, MSC, CPHIMS
- "Your customer service is unparalleled with any other contracting entity I have worked with in the past 37 years with 200 plus contracts under my belt. I look forward to a long and successful partnership with you."
— Patricia Lehtma, Defense Commissary Agency