GSA Fleet vehicles come with a warranty from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). These warranties vary by OEM, and in some cases by model. A few commonly asked questions about warranties are:
- What is the warranty on my GSA Fleet vehicle?
- Where can I find detailed information about my vehicle’s warranty?
- What is the warranty on my ambulance, bus, or medium or heavy duty truck?
About 90 percent of GSA Fleet vehicles are light-duty and are covered by the following explanation. The big three, General Motors (GM), Chrysler, and Ford offer a similar basic warranty for light vehicles. This bumper to bumper warranty is for 36 months or 36,000 miles. The warranty covers all repairs on the vehicle except wear items and items damaged by abuse or neglect. Wear items are normally defined as:
- Oil changes;
- Brake pads or shoes;
- Wiper blades;
Hyundai has a similar basic warranty, but the time frame is 60 months and 60,000 miles.
Power train warranties for light vehicles normally cover all internal parts for:
- Transfer cases;
- Rear and front end issues.
These warranties vary by OEM for time and mileage duration, which are as follows:
- Ford’s power train warranty runs 60 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first;
- GM’s power train warranty runs 60 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first;
- Chrysler’s power train for 2010 forward runs 60 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first; and
- Hyundai’s power train warranty runs 120 months or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first.
If you have questions about what is covered in your vehicle’s warranty, call your Fleet Service Representative (FSR), or the Maintenance Control Center (MCC) for additional information. The MCC’s phone number is 1(866) 400-0411, option 1.
Each GSA-owned vehicle is delivered with a warranty book. These are usually located in the vehicle’s glove box.
OEM maintains warranty information on the web for each light vehicle. These sites provide detailed information about what is and is not covered by the OEM warranty. Below are site links to GSA Fleet’s highest volume vehicles:
The links above lead to nongovernment websites.
Warranties for ambulances, buses, and other larger vehicles vary greatly by manufacturer and vehicle components. Please review the owner’s manual.
If you have questions about the warranty on ambulances, buses, or medium and heavy duty trucks, please call the MCC at 1(866) 400-0411, option 1. Non-standard vehicles such as these have a variety of OEM and component warranties. The MCC technician will help you determine if the problem you are having is covered in the warranty or not.