Janitorial and Sanitation Supplies (JanSan)
UPDATE: The Janitorial and Sanitation (JanSan) purchase channel is ready for use by federal agencies. Customers may place orders directly with JanSan purchase channel contractors and receive BPA pricing (see the JanSan Quick Guide [DOCX - 139 KB] document for online store information). Check back for additional updates regarding GSA Advantage!® availability.
GSA has established 16 blanket purchase agreements for a new strategic sourcing solution designed to help federal agencies purchase Janitorial and Sanitation supplies at discounted prices that are 15.9 percent lower than standard government pricing.
These awards represent a piece of the important role that GSA plays as America’s Buyer, helping federal agencies acquire commonly purchased items at prices that are representative of the volume of products purchased across the federal government. The consolidation of purchasing under programs such as these will save taxpayer dollars, and drive necessary spending on these type of products to our small business partners, making a real and positive impact for government agency budgets and improving the bottom line for selected small businesses and suppliers.
From a market perspective, the total annual federal spend for these two product categories amounts to approximately $1.2 Billion, of which $599 Million is on products that would be available through the JanSan solution. GSA expects that the use of the JanSan solution can achieve a potential savings, resulting in $8 Million saved in the first year, rising to $20 Million a year with increased use.
In order to streamline product catalogs and ensure lower prices, GSA has grouped JanSan products into four categories:
- Cleaning Compounds and Related Dispensers;
- Non-Motorized Cleaning Equipment and Trash Receptacles;
- Paper Products and Related Dispensers; and
- Motorized Floor Cleaning Equipment and Accessories.
Within the four categories, a broad range of products are available, including:
- Disinfectants, degreasers, glass cleaners, laundry and dish detergents, bleach, hand soaps and sanitizers;
- Brooms, mops, brushes, trash receptacles and bags;
- Toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissues, seat liners; and
- Vacuum cleaners, wet/dry vacs, floor buffers, polishers and burnishers.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/fssijansan.