Green Products Compilation
The Green Products Compilation (GPC) is designed to facilitate the procurement of green/sustainable products and services. The products listed are those for which the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Department Energy, or U.S. Department of Agriculture has issued designations or otherwise provided guidance for environmental or energy attributes.
This interactive tool consolidates and organizes information from the federal green purchasing programs in one place, saving you from researching multiple web sites. The designated green products are separated into 18 categories:
- Building Construction;
- Building Finishes;
- Building Interiors;
- Cafeteria Services;
- Cleaning Products;
- Contracted Printing Services;
- Lubricants, Oils, Hydraulic Fluids and Greases;
- Non-Paper Office Products;
- Office Electronics;
- Paper Office Products;
- Park and Recreation;
- Refrigeration & AC;
- Renewable Energy;
- Roadway Construction;
- Traffic Control; and,
- Vehicle Products.
The tool allows federal purchasers to search, sort, and identify sustainable products and their associated guidance documentation to facilitate green purchasing decisions.
Some key points to note:
- The Building Construction category lists products that can be used in building construction, renovation, or maintenance.
- The Vehicle category includes vehicle maintenance products and alternative fuels.
- The renewable energy sources listed in the Renewable Energy spreadsheet are those identified in the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
- Some items are pertinent to several different categories and, therefore, will be listed in multiple categories or cross-referenced. For example, the types of paper used for printing are found in the Paper Office Products category and are cross-referenced from the Contracted Printing category.
Get started now and make your next purchase a sustainable one. www.sftool.gov/greenprocurement.
For more information about the products listed in this tool, please visit the following online resources listed on the right.