GSA Supports Ft Walton Beach Air Force Customers with Acquisition Training Seminars
On May 12 and 14th 2015, the Region 4 Customer Accounts & Research (CAR) team held two Acquisition Seminars for customers at Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field. The GSA team presenting was made up of Region 4 CAR Customer Service Directors, Todd Cook, Rachel Wynne, and Jennifer Rape; Office of Strategic Programs BD Director, Larry Hale; Region 4 Senior Fleet Service Representative, Michael Bares; Region 4 Assisted Acquisition Services Senior Contracting Officer, Jason Boudreaux; and IT Schedule 70 Director, Cheryl Thornton.
This information-packed seminar was filled with tips, techniques and practical examples of how to conduct market research; a comprehensive overview of the solutions GSA offers; and a preview of the latest enhancements to GSA eTools. The attendees received 8 CLP credits and walked away with knowledge of:
- The purpose, benefits, and regulatory foundation of the Multiple Awards Schedule (MAS) Program, the Alliant GWAC program and the IT Schedule 70 (NITCP) program;
- Characteristics and Schedule flexibilities relating to the acquisition life cycle including acquisition planning and market research via our local Assisted Acquisition Services Division;
- The task / delivery order administrative functions, documentation requirements, and ordering methods when using GSA Schedules as outlined in FAR Subpart 8.4;
- Special ordering methods such as Blanket Purchase Agreements and Contractor Team Arrangements;
- FLEET Short-Term Rental and Heavy Equipment Rental programs;
- OASIS MAC Overview training;
- GSA Solutions and the GSA Reverse Auction platform.
If you are interested in future, No-Cost "GSA Solutions" Acquisition Training Seminars and FREE CLP credits, you can find additional information at: www.gsa.gov/events
New events are regularly added. If you do not see an event in your area, check back or contact your local Customer Service Director (CSD) to have them schedule an event for you! http://gsa.gov/r4car
|Hurlburt Field AFB Acquisition Seminar 2015 GSA Team - Left to Right: The GSA Solution for the Ft. Walton Beach Acquisition Seminars. R4 Florida/Alabama/Mississippi Fleet Management Center Manger Angie Huff; Mike Giordano, R4 Senior Fleet Service Representative, Michael Bares; R4 CAR Customer Service Director, Kelly Zimmerman; R4 CAR Customer Service Director, Rachel Wynne; Office of Strategic Programs BD Director, Larry Hale; R4 CAR Customer Service Director Todd Cook; R4 CAR Customer Service Director, Jennifer Rape, IT Schedule 70 Director Cheryl Thornton; and R4 Assisted Acquisition Services Senior Contracting Officer, Jason Boudreaux.||Eglin AFB Acquisition Seminar training - R4 CAR Customer Service Director Rachel Wynne outlining the differences between FAR 8.4 with FAR 13 and 15.|
|Hurlburt Field AFB Acquisition Seminar training - R4 CAR Customer Service Director Todd Cook sharing the many Green Products and Solutions GSA can provide our customer agencies.||Hurlburt Field AFB Acquisition Seminar training - Jason Boudreaux, Region 4 AASD team, sharing innovative GSA solutions that meet customer needs while saving time and money.|