Human Capital and Training Solutions
The Human Capital and Training Solution (HCaTS) contract is the result of a partnership between The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the General Services Administration (GSA). The initiative creates the joint management of a new strategically sourced, indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) governmentwide contract to support OPM’s Training and Management Assistance (TMA) program, and provides customized human capital management and training services to all agencies. The HCaTS contracts provide federal agencies with a reliable, flexible, fast and efficient way to obtain best value solutions for their complex human capital and training service requirements.
GSA awarded separate contracts resulting from two RFPs: HCaTS Unrestricted and HCaTS Small Business (SB). The HCaTS program contracts consist of the same scope for governmentwide use for human capital management and training services. Both contracts offer the flexibility to use all contract types and provide pricing at the task order level (i.e., Fixed-Price (all types), Cost-Reimbursement (all types), Time-and-Materials, and Labor-Hour). Task orders may also combine more than one contract type (e.g., FFP/Cost, FFP/Labor-Hour, etc.). Additionally, task orders may include incentives, performance based measures, multi-year or option periods, and commercial or non-commercial items.
The services are to be both commercial and noncommercial and meet the human capital management and training services needs of all federal agencies, both CONUS and OCONUS.
The HCaTS Unrestricted and HCaTS Small Business contracts provide federal agencies with a reliable way to obtain best value solutions for their human capital and training service requirements. Both contracts are organized into three Key Service Areas:
- Customized Training and Development Services;
- Customized Human Capital Strategy Services; and
- Customized Organizational Performance Improvement.
Benefits of HCaTS Unrestricted and HCaTS Small Business
- Improving human capital management in accordance with the HCAAF and OPM governing doctrines.
- Maximizing the return on investment in human capital management and training services.
- Governmentwide use.
- Easy access to best-in-class solution providers.
- Management of small business programs and goals by allowing customer agencies to receive small business credit and support competition.
- Flexibility to use all contract types.
- Pricing at the task order level.
- Provides longer-term planning for complex program requirements with a program ceiling of $11.5 billion.
- Provides self-service (via a DPA) and assisted service (via OPM) access to human capital solutions.