GSA Supports Huntsville’s Federal Acquisition Workforce with Free Acquisition Training Seminars
On July 8th and 9th 2015, GSA Region 4 Customer Accounts & Research (CAR) team held free, information packed Acquisition training seminars in Huntsville, Alabama. The events were held at Redstone Arsenal and Marshall Space and Flight Center.
The GSA team was made up of Steve McFarland and Jennifer Rapé - Customer Service Directors; Eddie Mills, Markesha McCants, and Chanda Tallman - Direct Client Support (DCS); Kathy Jocoy - Office of Business Operations; and Todd Richards and Tommy Thomas - OASIS Program Management Office. Over 90 persons attended the training including Contracting Officers, Contracting Specialists and Program Officers from Army Corp of Engineers Huntsville, Army Contracting Command, Army Contracting Command Redstone and NASA Marshall Space and Flight Center.
Each day was packed with acquisition tools, techniques and practical examples. All of the presentations facilitated great conversations and provided the audience with valuable information to help streamline their acquisitions. Attendees received 8 CLP credits. Presentations covered the following topics:
- GSA Solutions – Personal Property Disposal, Fleet/Short Term Rental, Assisted Acquisition Services Division, and an introduction to the Acquisition Gateway and eBuy Open.
- The difference in Ordering Procedures for GSA Schedules (FAR 8.4), GSA OASIS (FAR 16.5) and Open Market (FAR 13 and 15).
- Sources of Surplus Federal property available to Public Buyers- GSA Auctions, GSA Auto Auctions.
- The purpose, benefits, and regulatory foundation of the Multiple Awards Schedule (MAS) Program, GWACs, and OASIS.
- The task / delivery order administrative functions, documentation requirements, and ordering methods when using GSA Schedules as outlined in FAR Subpart 8.4.
- Special ordering methods such as Blanket Purchase Agreements and Contractor Team Arrangements.
- GSA OASIS MAC; including regulatory and ordering procedures; recent MOUs; and Discovery and Estimating tools.
- GSA Professional Services Category Hallway: including Professional Services Schedule consolidation, Data Breach Response Services BPA, Statement of work library, and C.A.L.C tool (professional labor category pricing tool).
- GSA Reverse Auctions platform.
If you are interested in future, No-Cost "GSA Solutions" Acquisition Training Seminars and FREE CLP credits, you can find additional information at: www.gsa.gov/events New events are regularly added. If you do not see an event in your area, contact your local Customer Service Director (CSD) to schedule an event. http://gsa.gov/r4car
OASIS Program Management Office, OASIS PM, Todd Richards providing OASIS DPA at Marshall Space and Flight Center Acquisition Training Seminar
Markesha McCants, with GSA Direct Client Support, briefing the difference in FAR 8.4, 13, and 15 at Redstone Arsenal Acquisition Training Seminar
Office of Business Operations Kathy Jocoy presenting at Marshall Space and Flight Center Acquisition Training Seminar