GSA's DigitalGov University
DigitalGov University (DGU) is the events platform for DigitalGov.gov. DGU provides programming to build and accelerate digital capacity by providing webinars and in-person events highlighting innovations, case studies, tools and resources. Check out our schedule.
- Support the broad range of skills agencies need to manage their digital media and citizen engagement efforts
- Improve agencies’ knowledge of digital government innovations, best practices and lessons learned
- Build agencies’ capacity to deliver an outstanding and innovative customer experience across government
Our diverse events target a federal audience, and peer-to-peer sharing that facilitates cross-agency collaboration:
- Customer service principles and techniques
- Digital services management
- Social media and citizen engagement
- Content strategy
- Plain language communications
- User experience, design, and accessibility
- SEO and search
- Challenges, prizes and innovations
- IT and emerging technology
- Contact center management
We design our program for anyone who wants to use digital media and citizen engagement to deliver a great customer experience, such as:
- Senior leaders
- Program managers and program staff
- Web and New Media professionals
- Open Gov officials
- Chief information officers and IT staff
- Contact center managers and their staff
Use of DigitalGov University Materials
Unless a copyright is indicated, material presented by DigitalGov University is free of copyright and may be copied and distributed without permission. Citation of DigitalGov University as source is appreciated. However, some material used in DGU training is the property of private individuals, companies, or independent contractors and therefore may be protected by copyright.
If a copyright is indicated on a photo, graphic, or other material, you must get permission from the original source to use or to copy this material.
Learn more about Copyright and Other Rights Pertaining to U.S. Government Works.