Training Opportunities for Federal Employees
GSA offers training to managers and employees of federal agencies working in a variety of areas. Available training includes Web-based, self-teaching tools, nationwide on-site events, and annual conferences.
Federal employees can learn how to purchase quality supplies and services at the best possible prices through these two learning centers:
- GSA Schedules Training – Courses for contracting professionals seeking to strengthen their understanding of GSA Schedules. Topics include: Using Multiple Award Schedules, Using GSA Schedules for Small Business Utilization, Section 863 Enhancing Competition, Blanket Purchase Agreements, Contractor Team Arrangements, and State and Local Government Programs.
- Federal Acquisition Institute – Training and certifications specifically designed to develop the federal acquisition workforce, with both classroom and Web-based courses available.
- IT Acquisition University – On-demand training portal where federal IT project managers and acquisition professionals can learn and earn continuous learning points (CLPs). Topics include: innovation, emerging technology, modernization, and acquisition.
- Pre-Award Strategy (i.e., market research, developing a request for information);
- Conducting the Award (i.e., writing your requirements, identifying relevant contracts, placing orders);
- Post-Award (i.e., contract closeout, past performance ratings); and
- Emerging Market Trends.
Web managers and IT personnel can share ideas and learn ways to optimize websites through the following resources and events:
GSA SmartPay® Web-based training courses are designed to improve the efficient use of the charge card programs. Courses are targeted to program coordinators and employees.
Various policy-related training opportunities are available for mail managers, aviation safety officers, and federal committee management officers: