Training Opportunities for Federal Employees
GSA offers training to managers and employees of federal agencies working in a variety of areas. Available training includes web-based, self-teaching tools, nationwide on-site events, and annual conferences.
Contracts and acquisitions
Federal employees can learn how to purchase quality supplies and services at the best possible prices through these two learning centers:
- GSA Schedules Training – Courses for contracting professionals seeking to strengthen their understanding of GSA Schedules. Topics include:
- Using Multiple Award Schedules
- Using GSA Schedules for Small Business Utilization
- Section 863 Enhancing Competition
- Blanket Purchase Agreements
- Contractor Team Arrangements
- State and Local Government Programs
- Federal Acquisition Institute – Training and certifications specifically designed to develop the federal acquisition workforce, with both classroom and Web-based courses available.
- IT Acquisition University – On-demand training portal where federal IT project managers and acquisition professionals can learn and earn continuous learning points (CLPs). Topics include:
- Emerging technology
Federal Acquisition Service Training (FAST)
- Pre-Award Strategy (e.g., market research, developing a request for information)
- Conducting the Award (e.g., writing your requirements, identifying relevant contracts, placing orders)
- Post-Award (e.g., contract closeout, past performance ratings)
- Emerging Market Trends
Web managers and IT personnel can share ideas and learn ways to optimize websites through the following resources and events:
Purchase and travel charge cards
GSA SmartPay® Web-based training courses are designed to improve the efficient use of the charge card programs. Courses are targeted to program coordinators and employees.
Various policy-related training opportunities are available for mail managers, aviation safety officers, and federal committee management officers: