Department of Defense “4th Estate” to Use GSA’s OASIS Contract Vehicles
June 16, 2016
DPAP Signs Memorandum of Understanding with GSA
WASHINGTON -- The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics, Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy (DPAP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) regarding the 4th Estate’s use of GSA’s One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS) and OASIS Small Business (OASIS SB) contracts for procurement of complex professional services.
OASIS is a first-of-its kind contract providing the government with a total solution contract vehicle for complex professional services requirements. The 4th Estate includes all organizational entities in the Department of Defense that are not in the Military Departments or the Combatant Commands.
“OASIS has been employed successfully across the Department of Defense, particularly the Military Services, for some time. I am impressed with OASIS’ performance, in concert with the leadership emphasis within the Department of Defense on the effective management of professional services, to further mission and acquisition goals,” said Claire Grady, Director, Defense Procurement and Acquisition Technology and Logistics, Policy for the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense. “This MOU not only paves the way for expanded usage by the 4th Estate, but also supports our commitment to cost-effectively meeting the Warfighter's needs by securing the lowest fees for usage. We look forward to the 4th Estate employing OASIS and OASIS SB as additional tools to meet their needs for professional services."
OASIS provides access to both commercial and non-commercial services. The core services that can be acquired through OASIS and OASIS SB include program management services, management consulting services, logistics services, engineering services, scientific services, and financial services and is designed to:
- Span multiple professional service disciplines as well as provide associated other direct costs (ODC’s)
- Allow for ancillary acquisition of IT
- Provide contract type flexibility at the task order level including cost reimbursement
GSA Professional Services Category Executive Tiffany Hixson said “We are pleased that DPAP finds the OASIS and OASIS small business suite of contracts can meet the Fourth Estate’s professional services acquisition needs. The MOU strengthens the existing partnerships between GSA and DoD, providing DOD with streamlined contracts to more effectively meet their mission requirements while eliminating costly duplicative contracts.”
With OASIS and OASIS SB, the DoD’s 4th Estate has enhanced ability to:
- Reduce costs associated with award and administration of multiple IDIQ and/or standalone contracts
- Reduce the lead time and administrative effort it takes to acquire complex professional services
- Promote small business usage within DOD’s knowledge based services functional domain
- Gain insight into spend volume, and labor types and costs
- Eliminate the need for Ordering Contracting Officers to evaluate proposals from poor performers
For more information about the MoU and/or OASIS, visit gsa.gov/oasis