This is archived information. It may contain
outdated contact names, telephone numbers, Web links,
information. For up-to-date information visit GSA.gov
pages by topic or contact our Office of Public Affairs
For a list of public affairs officers by beat, visit
GSA Leasing Support Services Fact Sheet
September 30, 2015
Improvements Made To Program Based On Stakeholder Feedback
|Demonstrate Cost Savings
- Rental Rate: Included new incentives based on lease cost and market performance.
- Commission: Revised commission agreement language to make it more in line with normal broker industry practices.
- Personnel: Realigned internal staffing structure to eliminate workload redundancy and use fewer GSA resources on GLS projects.
|Reduce Administrative Burdens, Create Consistency Among Regions
- Streamlined ordering procedures, reduced reporting and evaluation requirements, defined consistent regional staffing.
|Increase Contract Flexibility, Expand Contract Scope
- Added menu of services that includes pre and post award work.
- Expanded scope of broker responsibilities to mirror GSA leasing specialists.
- Added strategic planning, including the identification of soft-term lease opportunities.
- Revised strategic planning services language to give contractors more flexibility in reporting information about changes in market conditions, renegotiation opportunities, or changes in ownership rights within the shared portfolio.
|Increase Opportunities for Small Business
- Expanded zonal structure from four to nine awards and modified requirements to enable smaller firms to be more competitive for prime awards.
- Restructured source selection criteria by adding additional evaluation factors to enable smaller firms to be more competitive for prime awards.
|Increase Utilization of Contract; Use Contract to Decrease Holdovers and Extensions
- Developed a utilization strategy based on portfolio needs and workload planning.
- Incorporated contract utilization into the GSA/PBS Strategic Blueprint and Performance Plans.
- Instituted a new staffing structure that uses less GSA in-house resources on broker projects.
|Clarify Training Language
- Clarified training language to specify who is required to take training, what type of training is required, and how the training will be offered.