Integrated Award Environment (IAE)
The Integrated Award Environment (IAE) is a Presidential E-Government initiative managed by GSA. We use innovative processes and technologies to improve systems and operations for those who:
- Administer; or
- Receive federal financial assistance:
- Contracts; and
- Intergovernmental transactions.
Here you will learn about how GSA manages its current suite of federal award systems and its flight path to migrate key features of those systems into one, streamlined environment.
The IAE Digest is the IAE Program Management Office's (PMO's) quarterly newsletter. Published quarterly since FY14, The IAE Digest provides key leadership, program, and system updates.
Anyone who wants to read prior editions of The IAE Digest or contribute content for future publications may do so on the IAE Digest Quarterly Newsletter page.
The current edition of the newsletter can be downloaded below:
IAE Digest Quarterly Newsletter Volume 6 Issue 4 Quarter 4 [PDF - 383 KB]
The IAE manages the federal acquisition and awards processes in online systems which are now being merged into one. The consolidated system, beta.SAM.gov will become the official U.S. government website for people who make, receive, and manage federal awards.
The following section explains the scope and magnitude of the current IAE systems through Fiscal Year 2018:
- The IAE systems have an average of 1.7 million users; In SAM alone, there's an average of 621,000 active registered entities which includes an average of more than 59,000 new or renewed registrants.
- More than $3.98 Trillion in federal awards annually and an average of 4.4 million transactions per month are reported in IAE systems.
- The IAE systems generate more than 498 million hits or page views per month, including an average of almost 4.5 million searches per month in SAM alone.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/iae.