The Integrated Award Environment (IAE) facilitates the federal awards processes in multiple online systems, including the System for Award Management, or SAM.gov. Those systems are used for registering to do business with the federal government, listing contract opportunities, capturing contractor performance, viewing contract data, searching assistance listings, reporting subcontracts, and more.
The System for Award Management (SAM.gov) is an official website of the U.S. Government. There is no cost to use SAM.gov. Eventually, SAM.gov will offer a single login to navigate the federal award lifecycle. Today, you can use this site to:
- Register to do business with the U.S. Government
- Update, renew, or check the status of your entity registration
- Get a Unique Entity ID
- Search for entity registration and exclusion records
- Search for assistance listings (formerly CFDA.gov), wage determinations (formerly WDOL.gov), and contract opportunities (formerly FBO.gov)
- Run contract data reports (formerly part of FPDS.gov).
- View and submit BioPreferred and Service Contract Reports
- Access publicly available data via data extracts and system accounts
As legacy IAE systems are integrated, their functions are migrated into SAM.gov. When complete, you will be able to seamlessly leverage vast stores of federal data and information in a single, unified experience.
Share Your Thoughts
The process of building SAM.gov is a collaborative effort among the IAE team, our users, and our stakeholders. The development and deployment of SAM.gov are managed under an agile framework, which enables our team to continually develop and update software to suit users' evolving needs. As with all transitions, past and future, the process is iterative; what we transition on day one is not the end. We continue to improve, refine, and add capabilities to each functional area and we continue to make SAM.gov more user-friendly and less burdensome.
Test out the system and let us know how it’s going.
- Go to SAM.gov, browse the site, and try out the capabilities.
- Keep up to date on the latest news and information regarding the transition of IAE systems by subscribing to our IAE Interact Community.
- Provide your comments and suggestions using the feedback button on SAM.gov.
- If you experience any technical issues, please contact the Federal Service Desk at FSD.gov.