The Integrated Award Environment (IAE) facilitates the federal awards processes in multiple online systems, including the System for Award Management, or SAM. Those systems are used for registering to do business with the federal government, listing contract opportunities, capturing contractor performance, viewing contract data, searching assistance listings, reporting subcontracts, and more.
The System for Award Management (SAM.gov) is an official website of the U.S. Government. There is no cost to use SAM.gov. Eventually, SAM.gov will offer a single login to navigate the federal award lifecycle. Today, you can use this site to:
- Register to do business with the U.S. Government
- Update, renew, or check the status of your entity registration
- Search for entity registration and exclusion records
- Search for assistance listings (formerly CFDA.gov), wage determinations (formerly WDOL.gov), contract opportunities (formerly FBO.gov), and contract data reports (formerly part of FPDS.gov).
- View and submit BioPreferred and Service Contract Reports
- Access publicly available award data via data extracts and system accounts
The following legacy systems have been decommissioned and their functionalities successfully transitioned to SAM.gov:
- Federal Business Opportunities (legacy FBO.gov)
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (legacy CFDA.gov)
- Wage Determination Online (legacy WDOL.gov)
- Federal Procurement Data System Reports* (legacy FPDS.gov)
*Only contract data reports transitioned to SAM.gov; the rest of FPDS functions remain at FPDS.gov
Learn more about all of IAE's systems here.
As legacy IAE systems are integrated, their functions are migrated into SAM.gov. When complete, you will be able to seamlessly leverage vast stores of federal data and information in a single, unified experience.