What is Enterprise Governance?
GSA Enterprise Governance is a decision-making framework for identifying, selecting and prioritizing the shared services that meet our intersecting business and IT needs. With the support of GSA IT, our business-line leaders and experts work together to understand and define portfolio and enterprise needs and priorities. Among other things, they will approve the overall budget request and funding allocations and approve portfolio-specific budget requests, prioritization and changes to established budgets.
Why Enterprise Governance?
Enterprise Governance enables the agency to:
- align our capabilities and resources with strategic business objectives;
- invest in the right initiatives at the right time;
- ensure key investments meet expected milestones and achieve expected outcomes;
- deliver services efficiently and cost effectively;
- empower business leaders to determine the amount of service-specific dollars spent on IT; and
- ensure interoperability and transparency throughout GSA