Office of the Deputy CIO
The Office of the Deputy CIO serves as an advisor to the CIO, Administrator, and other senior GSA officials on all technology issues, data management, leveraging technology for innovative business practices and leading enterprise-wide modernization efforts.
The Chief Privacy Officer oversees GSA's Privacy Program whose mission it is to preserve and enhance privacy protections for all individuals whose personal information is handled by GSA; to encourage transparency of GSA operations involving personal information; and to support GSA as it develops new privacy-enabling technology services for government and the American people.
The Chief Privacy Officer
- Ensures that privacy risks are mitigated in a timely manner
- Conducts continuous privacy monitoring of GSA systems and
- Leads the Initial Agency Response Team to address PII breaches
- Provides and monitors required privacy training for GSA employees
- Ensures GSA’s compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974 which include the Fair Information Practice Principles' five core principles of privacy protection:
The Office of Enterprise Infrastructure Operations (IDI) operates GSA's Information Technology (IT) infrastructure software and systems. They implement, operate, maintain and support our mission critical systems and applications. A partial listing of the IT services we provide includes:
- IT Help and on-site support;
- laptop, personal computer, and tablet management;
- mobile device management including smart phones and tablets;
- mobility and telework related initiatives;
- network operations support;
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services and support;
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) and remote access support;
- virtual meeting software, video conferencing and live video streaming services;
Many of these services are tracked through performance metrics. All are supported through the GSA IT Service Desk. The Office of Enterprise Infrastructure also provides on-site staff and quality support throughout GSA, including its' regions.
The Office of Enterprise Planning & Governance (IDR) helps connect business and IT stakeholders . We are responsible for strategic and tactical management support of GSA’s IT investments and initiatives through the coordination and facilitation of enterprise architecture.The Office of Enterprise Planning and Governance also houses
- Enterprise Architecture, Policy & Planning
- IT Capital Planning and Portfolio Management
- Resource & Allocation Management
- IT Vendor Management
- IT Strategy & Governance
The Enterprise Information & Data Management Division (IDM) advises management on agency-wide performance, data entry design, data warehouse and accessibility, while leading agency-wide data management efforts toward achieving agency goals. They are instrumental in eliminating redundancy and providing a corporate-like, consistent, standardized, high-quality and integrated approach to data management.
Management Services Division (IDS) provides two major functions:
The Workforce Operations Branch provides the necessary organizational support to ensure GSA IT follows policies and processes mandated by the GSA Office of Human Resource Management for organizational management, performance management, hiring, promotions, relocations, re-assignments, separations, employee relations, labor relations and other resource liaison support functions performed in this branch.
The Support Services Branch provides process and policy support for time and attendance, travel, conference request, purchase and travel card questionable charges, mail management, administrative procurement and contractor on and off boarding. The services are coordinated, as appropriate with the Office of the CFO, Office of Administrative Services, and Office of Mission Assurance.