Property Manager: Casey Schanbeck
Public Hours: 7 a.m.– 6 p.m. Monday through Friday (except federal holidays)
For more building information or service calls, see contact information at top right (or by scrolling down on mobile devices). For other federal government information, call 800-FED-INFO.
Parking and Public Transportation
There is no parking available in the building for the general public.Metered street parking is nearby. Commercial parking lots are within walking distance to the building. Public transportation is available via MTS [a nongovernment website].
All public visitors are required to pass through electronic security equipment located on the first floor. ADA access is available at the front entrance to the building.
Major tenants are the U.S. District Court, U.S. Marshals Services, IRS, and GSA. In the latest (2016) Tenant Satisfaction Survey, 75.53% rated the federal building and GSA services four or five on a five-point scale.
|AMENITIES||OPEN TO||LOCATION||HOURS OF OPERATION|
|Vending Machines||Public||3rd floor||24/7|
|Fitness Center||Federal Employees Only||L1, south side, service tunnel||24/7|
GSA commissioned two works from artist Robert Irwin, a San Diego resident for the last two decades whose influential career stretches back to the 1950s. Acrylic Prism is a 33-foot-tall highly polished obelisk made of transparent acrylic located in the sunlit lobby. His Hedge Wedge is a zig-zagging ramp of hedges for the outdoor plaza that incorporated reclaimed materials in its creation.
Artist Kim MacConnell, who has been working in San Diego for 30 years and is associated with the pattern and decoration movement of the 1970s, installed large enamel on wood and aluminum panels called Intermission I and Intermission II in the Jury Assembly. The bold, bright colors are characteristic of his work.
Completed in 2012, the building achieved a LEED® Gold rating from the U.S. Green Building Council and has won prestigious design and construction awards.
- Project Achievement Award, Construction Management Association of America (CMAA), 2013
- Award of Excellence, Associated Builders and Contractors, 2013
- Award of Excellence in Partnering, Associated General Contractors – California, 2013
- Award of Excellence in Partnering, Projects over $50 Million, Individual: Hensel Phelps, Associated Builders and Contractors, 2013
- Award of Merit, Government/Public Building, Engineering News-Record (ENR), 2013
- Orchid Award, San Diego Architectural Foundation, 2013