Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building
1240 East Ninth St.
Cleveland, OH 44199
The Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building was constructed in 1966 and named after Anthony Joseph Celebrezze, Sr.
Property Manager: Evan M. Shooltz
For more building information or service calls, contact the GSA Property Management Office in Suite 769 at 216-522-4220 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For other federal government information, call toll-free 1-844-USA-GOV1.
Public Parking and Transportation
A municipal parking garage is available north of the building along with various other public parking options nearby. The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority provides public transportation to Cleveland and the surrounding suburbs. A rail station is located just north of the building, and a bus stop is located to the south of Willard Park on Lakeside Ave.
- ATM – Cafeteria level.
- Cafeteria – C level – Mon.-Fri., 6:30a.m.-2 p.m.
- Century Federal Credit Union – 7th floor – Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Fed Kids Child Care Center – First floor lobby – Mon.-Fri., 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- FedEx Drop Box – Basement level (next to security checkpoint).
- Fitness Center – Sub-Basement level, Rm. SB65.
- Medical Clinic (FOH) – 3rd floor, Rm. 311 – Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Navy Federal Credit Union – 26th floor – Mon.-Fri., 8:15 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- RAPIDS Location – 26th floor, Rm. 2679 – Mon.-Wed. & Fri., 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.-noon.
- RTA Customer Service Kiosk – Cafeteria level.
- U.S. Post Office – First floor lobby – Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Vending Stand – 12th floor – Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.-1 p.m. (vending machines on several floors).
The building has five conference rooms – capacities ranging from 28 to 50 people – available to federal agency tenants. An auditorium with a capacity of 195 people is also available. These rooms feature some AV equipment, screens and podiums. For reservations, contact the GSA Property Management Office in Suite 769 at 216-522-4220.
History and Architectural Features
The Celebrezze Federal Building is an example of a modern skyscraper expressed by its structural steel framework and glass curtain wall. The exterior perimeter walls of the first floor are composed of glass and granite panels. Granite dominates the building's lobby walls, floor, and outside plaza. The photo at left shows the west elevation from East 6th Street, displaying completion of the southern bay of the new facade.
The shortcut for this page is www.gsa.gov/ajcfb.