San Ysidro Land Port of Entry
Energy-Saving Lighting Project Spotlights Sustainability at Port
In order to achieve greater energy cost savings, GSA recently completed a series of lighting retrofit projects at the port.
San Ysidro Land Port of Entry: A Decade in the Making
After a 10-year project, work is finally complete.
San Ysidro Land Port of Entry’s Modernization and Expansion Project Completed
Region 9 hosted a ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the completion of the San Ysidro Land Port of Entry’s modernization and expansion project.
Beauty at the Border: Art in Architecture
GSA selected artists and commissioned art pieces which embrace the binational region’s history, culture and heritage.
- Busiest Land Port of Entry in Western Hemisphere
- 70,000 northbound vehicles processed each day
- 20,000 northbound pedestrians cross each day
- Critical economic engine for San Diego - Tijuana region
The San Ysidro LPOE renovation and expansion is complete.
Traffic Advisories will be posted here as needed:
GSA understands the impact San Ysidro Land Port of Entry has in the local community. We foster close working relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
Community Representatives Committee - The CRC works with communities to solicit input and feedback about the project.
Environmental Review - The Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement has been posted.
Tenant Agencies: Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
MODERNIZATION AND EXPANSION
- Modernized and expanded existing port
- "Port of the Future" featuring sustainable design and technology
- 38 additional vehicle inspection booths
- Realigned portion of Interstate 5 connected to El Chaparral
- Enhanced U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s ability to conduct its mission
- Additional bidirectional pedestrian crossing and multimodal transit center
- Phase 1A: Pedestrian Bridge – Completed April 2011
- Phase 1B: Northbound Vehicular Inspection – Completed December 2014
- Phase 1C: Southbound Pedestrian Crossing – Completed August 2012
- Phase 1D: West Pedestrian Building (PedWest) – Completed July 2016
- Phase 1E: Virginia Ave Transit Center – Completed July 2016
- Phase 2: East Pedestrian Building (PedEast) – Completed August 2018
Historic Custom House – Completed November 2018
Expanded Southbound Plaza– Completed Fall 2019
- Phase 3: Southbound I-5 Realignment & Northbound Vehicular Inspection - Completed Winter 2019
- Estimated project cost: $741 million
There are currently no GSA traffic advisories in effect.
For the latest border wait times, visit CBP's border wait times app.
Drivers are advised to monitor posted signs and continue to use available lanes.
For the latest traffic conditions and wait time please call 619-690-8999 or visit the CBP Wait Times App.
AVISO DE TRAFICO
Actualmente, no existen ningún aviso de trafico en efecto. Para ver los tiempos de espera para cruzar mas actualizados, favor de visitar la aplicación de CBP.
Se les avisa a los conductores que sigan las señales de tráfico y utilicen los carriles disponibles.
Para obtener la información mas actualizada sobre las condiciones del trafico y el tiempo de espera llame al 619-690-8999.