About the Great Lakes Region
Welcome to GSA's Great Lakes Region, which serves federal agencies in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.
The Great Lakes Region maintains federal buildings and public art and is committed to providing value and savings in real estate, acquisition, technology and other mission-support services across government.
In support of our customers' goals in 2018*, GSA's Great Lakes Region:
- Managed 985 properties, totaling 35 million square feet of space; these included 61 historic buildings, 9 land ports of entry (border stations), 35 buildings with ENERGY STAR® designations, and 23 buildings with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) ratings.
- Maintained a collection of 95 pieces of fine art and 29 installed Art in Architecture works.
- Operated a fleet of 17,006 vehicles, 12,673 of which use alternative fuels.
- Outleased vacant space to private businesses and the general public via 136 different lease agreements; these outleases added $2.1 million to the Federal Buildings Fund for use on building upkeep in 2018.
- Awarded $134M – 54.2% of total regional contracting dollars – to small businesses.
- Received a 64% tenant satisfaction rating (four or higher on a five-point scale) on the 2018 Tenant Satisfaction Survey.
- Recycled 6,100 tons of waste in 2018, diverting 72% of its waste from landfills.
- Donated nearly $35.3 million worth of excess and surplus property to federal and state agencies in 2018.
*Source: Fiscal Year 2019 Statistical Card for the GSA Great Lakes Region (statistics as of Oct. 1, 2018).