Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building
1240 East Ninth St.
Cleveland, OH 44199
View map [nongovernment website]
The Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building was constructed in 1966 and named after Anthony Joseph Celebrezze, Sr.
Property Manager: Maureen K. Michael
For more building information or service calls, see contact box. For other federal government information, call toll-free 1-844-USA-GOV1.
Public Parking and Transportation
A municipal parking garage is available north of the building along with various other public parking options nearby. The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority [nongovernment website] provides public transportation to Cleveland and the surrounding suburbs. A rail station is located just north of the building, and a bus stop is located to the east of the building.
- ATM - Cafeteria level
- Cafeteria - Lower level - Mon.-Fri., 6:30-10 a.m. and 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. (grill closes 1:30 p.m.)
- Century Federal Credit Union - 7th floor - Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Fed Kids Child Care Center - First floor lobby - Mon.-Fri., 6:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- FedEx & USPS Drop Boxes - Basement level (next to security checkpoint)
- Fitness Center - Sub-Basement level, Rm. SB65
- Medical Clinic (FOH) - 3rd floor, Rm. 311 - Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Navy Federal Credit Union - 26th floor - Mon.-Fri., 8:15 a.m.- 4:15 p.m.
- Print and Copy Center (DLA) - Basement level, Rm. B-31 - Mon.-Fri., 6 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- RAPIDS Location - 26th floor, Rm. 2679 - Mon.-Wed. & Fri., 8 a.m.- 3:30 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.- Noon
- RTA Customer Service Kiosk - Cafeteria level
- U.S. Post Office - First floor lobby - Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. (closed daily 11 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.)
- Vending Stands - First floor lobby and 12th floor - Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. (vending machines on several floors)
The building has five conference rooms - capacities ranging from 28 to 50 people - available to federal agency tenants. An auditorium with a capacity of 200 people is also available. These rooms feature TVs, VCRs, projection screens, and podiums. For reservations, contact the Celebrezze Service Desk using the contact information at top right.
History and Architectural Features
The Celebrezze Federal Building is an example of a modern skyscraper expressed by its structural steel framework and glass curtain wall. The exterior perimeter walls of the first floor are composed of glass and granite panels. Granite dominates the building's lobby walls, floor, and outside plaza. The photo at left shows the west elevation from East 6th Street, displaying completion of the southern bay of the new facade.
The shortcut for this page is www.gsa.gov/ajcfb.