Great Lakes Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
If you're a small businesses in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, or Wisconsin, our Great Lakes Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization is your regional advocate.
We can counsel you on:
- Deciphering federal procurement regulations and practices.
- Finding appropriate buying offices for your products.
- Learning about present and future federal procurements.
We also serve as technical advisors to contracting officers and help negotiate annual small business procurement preference goals with the Small Business Administration (all federal agencies have such goals per the Federal Acquisition Regulation).
Small business procurement preference categories include:
- Small Disadvantaged
- Section 8(a)
- Woman-Owned Small
- HUBZone Small
- Veteran-Owned Small
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small
Our mission is to maximize contracting opportunities for small businesses by:
- Implementing, monitoring, and protecting small business policies and regulations.
- Participating in outreach activities – networking, forums, conferences, workshops, and trade shows.
- Exposing GSA contracting officers to small business products and services for specific contracts.
- Collaborating with federal, state, and local agencies to assist small business vendors.
- Highlighting resources for agencies to meet their small business contracting goals.
- Providing potential vendors with GSA’s procurement forecasts, opportunities, and training info.
Note: SAM.gov is now the authoritative location for contract opportunities formerly posted to FBO.gov.
To request more information or schedule an appointment, find a GSA Small Business Support Contact listed elsewhere on this page or call 1-888-353-5383.