Great Lakes Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
GSA's Great Lakes Region Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) serves as the regional liaison and advocate for small businesses within Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.
As an advocate for small business owners, OSDBU promotes increased access to GSA’s nationwide procurement opportunities. We counsel small businesses and help them understand procurement regulations and practices, determine the appropriate buying office for their products, and acquire pertinent data on present or future agency procurements.
We also serve as technical advisors to contracting officers, and we help negotiate annual small business procurement preference goals with the Small Business Administration.
All federal agencies have procurement preference goals for contracting with small busineses (see the Federal Acquisition Regulation). The procurement preference categories include:
- Small Disadvantaged
- Section 8(a)
- Woman-Owned Small
- HUBZone Small
- Veteran-Owned Small
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small
Our mission is to maximize contracting opportunities for small businesses by:
- Implementing, monitoring and protecting small business policies and regulations.
- Participating in outreach activities such as networking sessions, forums, events, conferences, workshops and trade shows.
- Working with GSA contracting officers to highlight products and services from small commercial businesses for specific contracts.
- Collaborating with federal, state and local agencies to assist potential vendors.
- Highlighting resources for agencies to meet their goals.
- Providing information and guidance regarding the agency’s procurement forecast, contracting opportunities and programs to potential vendors.
For vendors, beta.SAM.gov is now the authoritative location for finding contract opportunities formerly posted to FBO.gov.
To request more information or schedule an appointment, please notify a GSA Small Business Support Contact listed at the top or bottom of this page or call 1-888-353-5383 toll free.