About the Great Lakes Region
Welcome to GSA's Great Lakes Region, which serves federal agencies in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.
The Great Lakes Region maintains federal buildings and public art and is committed to providing value and savings in real estate, acquisition, technology and other mission-support services across government.
In support of our customers' goals in 2017*, GSA's Great Lakes Region:
- Managed 994 properties, totaling 35.3 million square feet of space; these included 60 historic buildings, 11 land ports of entry (border stations), 35 buildings with ENERGY STAR® designations, and 23 buildings with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) ratings.
- Maintained a collection of 95 pieces of fine art and 29 installed Art in Architecture works.
- Operated a fleet of 16,451 vehicles, 13,261 of which use alternative fuels.
- Outleased vacant space to private businesses and the general public via 140 different lease agreements; these outleases added $2.1 million to the Federal Buildings Fund for use on building upkeep in 2017.
- Awarded $110.8M – 63.3% of total regional contracting dollars – to small businesses.
- Received a 65% tenant satisfaction rating (four or higher on a five-point scale) on the 2017 Tenant Satisfaction Survey.
- Recycled 6,700 tons of waste in 2017, diverting 72.6% of its waste from landfills.
- Donated nearly $44.7 million worth of excess and surplus property to federal and state agencies in 2017.
*Source: Fiscal Year 2018 Statistical Card for the GSA Great Lakes Region (statistics as of Oct. 1, 2017).