Greenville U.S. Courthouse
On December 18, 2015, the 114th United States Congress passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016 which included funding for a new federal courthouse in Greenville, MS. The General Services Administration (GSA) engaged with the U.S. Courts and Department of Justice to determine space requirements and establish the project budget. On November 15, 2016, Congress authorized GSA to proceed with the expenditure of $40.1 million in order to acquire a site, develop a design, and construct the new federal courthouse.
Current Status (June 2020)
The project is in the Design Development Phase.
GSA awarded the Construction Manager as Constructor (CMc) contract for the new federal courthouse in Greenville, MS, to Hoar Construction of Birmingham, AL. The concept design for the facility has been approved and the Architect of Record is now developing the design to support construction beginning in Summer 2020.
GSA awarded the Art in Architecture commission to Mississippi-based artist, Critz Campbell.
Additional information may be found by following the links under 'News Releases' below.
The construction groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled to occur in Summer 2020. Date and time to be determined.
- Total Authorized Funding: $40,102,000 (site acquisition, design, construction, and related expenses)
- Project Delivery Method: Construction Manager as Constructor (CMc)
- Architect: Duvall Decker Architects (Co-Lead Designers: Roy Decker - Duvall Decker & Steve Dumez - Eskew+Dumez+Ripple)
- General Contractor: Hoar Construction
- Anticipated Milestones:
- Design Start: Spring 2018
- Design Complete: Summer 2020
- Construction Start: Summer 2020
- Construction Complete: Spring 2022
- Awarded Contracts:
- Duvall Decker Architects (Architect of Record - February 2018)
- APSI Construction Management (Construction Manager as Advisor - June 2018)
- Critz Campbell (Art in Architecture - April 2020)
- Hoar Construction (Construction Manager as Constructor - May 2020)
GSA Public Affairs Officer
- GSA Awards Construction Contract for New Federal Courthouse in Downtown Greenville
- GSA Releases Design of New Federal Courthouse in Greenville
- GSA Awards Architectural/Engineering Contract for new Federal Courthouse in Greenville, Mississippi
- GSA announces $947 million courthouse investment plan
- FY 2016 funding meets Judiciary needs