San Antonio U.S. Courthouse
On December 18, 2015, the 114th United States Congress passed the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016, which included construction funding for a new federal courthouse in San Antonio, Texas.
The General Services Administration (GSA) engaged with the U.S. Courts and Department of Justice to determine space requirements and establish the project budget.
GSA completed the courthouse in late 2021. Tenants include the U.S District Courts, U.S. Clerk of the Court for the Western District of Texas, U.S. Magistrate Courts, U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services, Federal Public Defender, U.S. Court of Appeals, U.S. Marshals, U.S. Attorneys, and GSA. The courthouse will include a total of 8 courtrooms and 13 chambers. The San Antonio Courthouse will be located in historic downtown at the corner of Santa Rosa Avenue and Nueva Street.
Total Authorized Funding: $144,580,013 (site acquisition, design, construction, and related expenses)
Project Delivery Method: Design/Build/Bridging (DBB)
Architect of Record: CBRE | Heery | SLAM Collaborative
Design Architect: Lake|Flato Architects
- Design Start: Fall 2018
- Construction Complete: Spring 2022
- Construction Start: Spring 2019
- Design Complete: Spring 2020
- Lake|Flato Architects (Design Architect of Record) | April 2011
- Brasfield & Gorrie, LLC (Bridging Design/Build Contractor) | July 2018
- Munoz & Company (Construction Manager as Advisor, CMa) | November 2017