U.S. Land Port of Entry at Laredo, TX
In 2010, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) began working with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to expand and modernize their outdated facilities at the Convent Avenue (Laredo I) and Juarez-Lincoln (Laredo II).
There are five Ports of Entry in Laredo, Texas:
- Convent Avenue (Laredo I)
- Juarez-Lincoln (Laredo II)
- Columbia (Laredo III)
- World Trade Bridge (Laredo IV)
- And a railroad crossing
Convent Avenue (Laredo I) All traffic lanes are now open.
Construction-related traffic at Juarez Lincoln(Laredo II) are minimal at this time. All traffic lanes are now open and will be in their permanent configuration by the end of 2018.
- Improved processing of pedestrian traffic
- Better bus processing area to accommodate increased bus traffic inspections
- Alternative traffic patterns and routing
Tenant Agencies: Custom and Border Protection (CBP), Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and General Services Administration (GSA).
MODERNIZATION AND EXPANSION
Convent Avenue (Laredo I)
- Reconfigured and expanded non-commercial vehicular and pedestrian processing areas for increased operational efficiency;
- Increased number of pedestrian processing lanes from eight to 14;
- Reconfigured and modernized administration building;
- Separation of automobile, pedestrian and bicycle traffic for optimal safety;
- Reconfigured automobile secondary inspection areas; and
- Creation of a dedicated bicycle lane to alleviate automobile congestion.
Juarez-Lincoln (Laredo II)
- New bus processing facility with interior lanes, baggage x-ray, waiting areas, public restrooms and unloading,loading and inspection canopies;
- Upgraded utilities and communication systems; and
- Permanent inspection facilities for the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Design 2010 to 2012
- Construction 2016 to 2019
COST AND FUNDING STATUS
- Cost: $100 Million
*additional funding from Customs and Border Protection
Project Design coming soon