New Des Moines U.S. Courthouse
On April 18, 2016, GSA announced a new U.S. Courthouse for the Southern District of Iowa had been identified as a top priority by the federal Judiciary, and discretionary funding included in the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2016 would be used to construct a new facility in Des Moines, Iowa.
Congress officially authorized construction of a new courthouse on Nov. 22, 2016.
The design team continues to work on miscellaneous pre-site selection activities. Site selection and acquisition discussions are ongoing. A construction manager contract award is expected soon.
Total Authorized Funding: $136,602,000
Project Delivery Method: Construction Manager as Constructor (CMc)
Lead Designer Architect: Mack Scogin Merrill Elam Architects
- Preliminary Design | contingent on site selection
- Final Design | contingent on site selection
- Construction Start | contingent on site selection
- Construction Completion | contingent on site selection
- Jacobs Technology (Construction Manager as Agent, CMa) | May 2017
- Neuman Monson Architects (Design Architect of Record) | July 2017
- GSA announces next steps toward identifying site for new federal courthouse
- GSA announces preferred site, public comment period for new Des Moines courthouse
- Courthouse Environmental Assessment nears completion
- GSA announces list of sites for new Des Moines federal courthouse
- GSA announces Congressional authorization of Des Moines courthouse
- GSA seeks Expressions of Interest
- New Federal courthouse coming to Des Moines
- GSA announces $947 million courthouse investment plan
- FY 2016 funding meets Judiciary needs