Heartland Region Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
The Heartland Regional Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) serves as the Region 6 liaison and advocate for small businesses in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. As an advocate for small business owners, OSDBU's mission is to promote increased access to GSA's nationwide procurement opportunities.
GSA, like all federal agencies, has socio-economic goals for contracting with small businesses (Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Subpart 19 - Small Business Programs). GSA strives to achieve formal goals through the available small business programs detailed in the FAR. The socio-economic categories available are:
- small disadvantaged [Section 8(a)],
- woman-owned small,
- HUBZone small,
- veteran-owned small, and
- service-disabled veteran-owned small.
OSDBU promotes programs and activities for small business owners that provide access to GSA and other federal agencies by:
- Working with GSA contracting officers to highlight the small business program for specific contracts including:
- Providing information and guidance regarding GSA's Forecast of Contracting Opportunities, contracting opportunities on beta.SAM.gov and GSA eBuy.
- Participating in events such as networking sessions, forums, conferences, workshops and trade shows within our region.
- Working alongside our regional SBA, Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) and resource partners.
- Assisting in finding subcontracting opportunities through the GSA Subcontracting Directory and the SBA Prime and Subcontracting Directory.
- Providing webinar training (available 24 hours a day for small businesses) and additional small business assistance and guidance.
- Partnering with federal, state and local agencies to assist potential vendors.
- Making It Easier: IT Category Startup Springboard
- Making It Easier: FASt Lane
- Guide to Preparing a Schedule Offer
- Green Procurement Compilation Information
For additional information or help, contact Bill Strobel at email@example.com.
The shortcut for this page is gsa.gov/r6smallbusiness.