Overview of Industrial Products and Services Category
May 11, 2017
May 11, 2017
FORT WORTH, TEXAS -- The Industrial Products and Services (IP&S) category is one of ten government-wide categories on the Acquisition Gateway. The IP&S category offers seven subcategories, which together accounted for $11.25 billion in government spend in FY15.
IP&S subcategories are quite diverse, with distinct drivers and vendor pools, and encompass over 300 Product Service Codes (PSCs). The subcategories are:
- Basic Materials;
- Fire/Rescue/Safety/Environment Protection and Equipment;
- Hardware & Tools;
- Industrial Products Install/Maintenance/Repair/Rebuild (IMRR);
- Machinery and Components;
- Oils, Lubricants and Waxes; and,
- Test and Measurement Supplies.
Key initiatives for this category include:
- Reducing the number of duplicate contracts,
- Increasing “spend under management” through use of government-wide contract vehicles,
- Evaluating and developing “Best in Class” contracts,
- Maintaining or increasing small business participation, and
- Increasing use of requisition channel among civilian agencies and improving relationships with suppliers.
A government-wide team with representatives from the Department of Defense and civilian agencies has been formed to provide assistance with achieving these objectives.