GSA Set to Auction Former Veterans Administration Housing in New Haven, Connecticut
August 10, 2020
BOSTON – The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) announces the auction for a former Veterans Administration (VA) house at 121-123 Brownell Street, New Haven, Connecticut, 06511, as part of its mission to deliver value and savings in real estate, acquisition, technology, and other mission support services across the government.
This former VA home is located in the Edgewood Historic District of New Haven, and is a quick walk to Edgewood Park and approximately a mile away from Yale University. There is public transit access via the 244 and 246 buses.
This three-family house features:
- Three units, each on one floor
- Each unit is approximately 1200 square feet with three-bedrooms and one bath
- Individual heating and hot water systems
- An additional 1200 +/- square feet of unfinished basement space
- A spacious yard with a shed
- Off-street parking.
The house has been well-maintained with many original features still intact.
Those interested in an inspection of the property must:
- Register to bid.
- Fill out the Site Inspection Waiver provided on the realestatesales.gov site.
- Once the Site Inspection Waiver is submitted, bidders should call to schedule an appointment.
The auction is anticipated to open August 13, 2020, 12:00 p.m., ET (11:00 a.m. CT). The Invitation For Bids (IFB) and other information is available on the auction web site at:
For property details and inquiries/questions regarding property inspection, interested parties can contact:
GSA’s New England Region provides centralized procurement for the federal government by managing its real estate portfolio, products and services throughout Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. GSA’s mission is to deliver value and savings in real estate, acquisition, technology, and other mission-support services across government. For more information, visit: www.gsa.gov/r1 and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.