Office of Assisted Acquisition Services
The Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS) program of the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) offers value-added, customized, acquisition, project management, and financial management services for information technology and professional services solutions.
The Region 2 AAS staff are certified contracting, project management and financial management professionals and offer expertise in formulating and executing Information Technology and Professional Services solutions. Offerings include, but are not limited to:
- Systems Design, Development, Configuration, Integration, Implementation, Maintenance, and Training
- Application Development and Deployment
- Independent Verification and Validation
- Risk Analysis and Security Plans
- Systems Security
- Hardware and Software Acquisition
- Data Center Outsourcing and Disaster Recovery
- SmartCard Technology
- Call Center
- Financial and Accounting Services
- Program Management Services
- Technical and Administrative Services
- Logistics Services
- Professional Engineering Services
- Business Process Improvement and Reengineering
- Strategic Sourcing Solutions Services
AAS delivers value through acquisition, project management and financial management excellence. AAS works with agency program, financial, contracting and legal counsel to ensure requirements are met on time, within budget, at reduced risk resulting in best value solutions. Customized services are scalable and available when and where agencies need them.
Agencies choose the services and the level of support needed for each requirement, small or large,
simple or complex:
- Requirements Analysis
- Market Research
- Acquisition Planning and Acquisition Strategy Development
- Development of all acquisition documentation including: Performance Based Statements of Work/Statements of Objectives Independent Government Cost Estimates, Technical Evaluation Criteria and Technical Evaluation Plans, and Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans
- Signing and Administering the Contract and/or Task Order(s)
- Project Management/COR
- Manage Project Schedule and Review Deliverables
- Earned Value Management
- Chair Progress Reviews
- Monitor Vendor Performance and Resolve Disputes
- Manage Award Fee Evaluation Boards
- Pay Vendor Invoices
- Funds Management
- Legal Support
- Contract Close-out
Contracting solutions may include:
This suite of solutions provides customer access to thousands of commercial partners and unlimited variety in information technology and professional services solutions.
Additionally, AAS can also help meet small business goals.
AAS's focus on financial management ensures customer agency’s money will be spent in accordance with appropriation, authorization and bona fide need. AAS also ensures compliance with all applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations, including agency specific acquisition and financial management policies.