Regulations and Policies
Whether you work at 50 United Nations Plaza or are just visiting, there are specific guidelines and regulations that must be abided by while inside a federal facility.
The following are prohibited:
- Weapons: Federal law prohibits the possession of firearms, or other dangerous weapons in Federal facilities and Federal court facilities, except for those persons authorized to do so by Title 18 US Code Section 930.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building, including courtyards, and within twenty-five (25) feet of doorways and air intake ducts on outdoor space under the jurisdiction, custody or control of GSA. Electronic cigarettes, vapor pipes and other similar items are treated the same as tobacco cigarettes.
- Photography: Photography is not allowed in the building without prior authorization of the GSA Building Manager.
- Electrical Appliances: Portable heaters, fans and other such devices are prohibited unless authorized by the GSA Building Manager.
- Alcoholic Beverages: Alcoholic beverages are prohibited except when the GSA Region 9 Regional Administrator grants an exemption in writing.
- Soliciting and Vending: Soliciting for commercial or political donation, vending merchandise and displaying or distributing commercial advertising is prohibited.
The following are allowed with discretion:
- Plants: Plants are allowed in the building with discretion. If a plant is interfering with the functionality of building systems, GSA Building Management will ask the owner to have it removed.
- Water Clubs: Tenants planning to participate in water clubs will be allowed as long as the dispensers are stand alone units, not consuming power (no plug in required).
- Wall Mounted Items: Personal items should not be mounted to the walls. Mounting work-related items must be approved by the GSA Building Manager. An art concept has been developed for 50 UNP with artwork and models placed by geographical regions: CA, NV, AZ, and HI. Additional artwork must be approved by GSA Building Management.
- Posting and Distributing Materials: Posting or distributing pamphlets, handbills or flyers must be approved by the GSA Building Manager.
- Animals: Except for authorized service animals, dogs and other animals cannot be brought on federal property.
Regulations are pursuant to 41 CFR 102-74 – Facility Management and Executive Order (EO) 13058.