Chet Holifield Federal Building Environmental Impact
GSA is undertaking an environmental review of the Chet Holifield Federal Building (CHFB) located in Laguna Niguel, CA to explore options for the future of the complex.
- The first action alternative would involve constructing a new federal building adjacent to the current building for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). All other tenants would be relocated to leased space and the existing building would be transferred to the Real Property Utilization and Disposal Division.
- Under the second alternative option, all tenants would be relocated outside of the CHFB, including UCIS and the existing building would be transferred to the Real Property Utilization and Disposal Division.
- The no action alternative would be to continue operations at the existing federal building.
A public scoping meeting for the project was held on October 2, 2019 and comments were accepted through October 22. GSA is now working on drafting the environmental impact statement and will hold an additional public comment period in Summer of 2020. Documents relating to this project will be posted to this page.
- Scoping Meeting Handouts (Oct 2019) [PDF - 974 KB]
- Scoping Meeting Posters (Oct 2019) [PDF - 7 MB]
- Notice of Intent to Conduct EIS [PDF - 13 KB]
For additional information, contact NEPA Program Manager Osmahn Kadri.