Chet Holifield Federal Building Environmental Review
GSA has completed the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Chet Holifield Federal Building (CHFB) located in Laguna Niguel, CA to explore options for the future of the complex. The DEIS and other relevant documents are available at the following links:
- Chet Holifield Federal Building DEIS [PDF - 19 MB]
- Federal Register Notice of Availability [PDF - 257 KB]
- Interested Party Letter [PDF - 127 KB]
- Newspaper Notice of Availability [PDF - 103 KB]
- CHFB Meeting Handout [PDF - 916 KB]
The public comment period for the DEIS began on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 and will continue through Friday, September 4, 2020. After this date, GSA will prepare the Final Environmental Impact Statement.
Comments will be accepted by email, mail, and during a virtual public meeting. All comments received (written or oral) will become public and part of the Administrative Record.
Questions or comments concerning the DEIS should be directed to:
Email: email@example.com; Please include ‘CHFB EIS’ in the subject line.
Postal Mail/Commercial Delivery:
Potomac-Hudson Engineering, Inc.
ATTN: CHFB Draft EIS
77 Upper Rock Circle Suite 302
Rockville, MD 20850
Public Meeting Information
GSA will hold a virtual public meeting for the DEIS on Tuesday, August 4, 2020 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Pacific Time (PT). The purpose of the meeting is to collect public comments on the DEIS. The virtual public meeting will begin with presentations on the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process and the proposed project. A copy of the presentation slideshow will be made available on this page prior to the meeting.
Following the presentations, there will be a moderated session during which members of the public can provide oral comments on the DEIS. Commenters will be allowed three minutes to provide comments. Comments will be recorded.
Virtual Public Meeting Instructions
Members of the public may join the DEIS public meeting through the Zoom platform by entering the following information—Meeting ID: 986 1911 2163; Password: CHFBEIS, using any of the below methods. Note that the meeting is best viewed through the Zoom app, and attendees are encouraged to download the app at the Zoom website (https://zoom.us) or on their mobile device, and test their connection prior to the meeting to ensure best results.
- From their personal computer by launching the Zoom app (if already installed), and clicking 'Join a Meeting' and entering the above Meeting ID and Password. Attendees should follow the prompts to input their name and email address to access the meeting.
- From their personal computer, by going to the Zoom website at http://zoom.us/join, entering the Meeting ID and Password, and following the prompts to download and install the Zoom app.
- From their mobile device through the Zoom mobile app, by entering the above Meeting ID and Password.
- For attendees who do not have the Zoom app or do not wish to download the app, visit http://zoom.us/join using your computer's browser, enter the Meeting ID, and click the 'Join from your browser' link that is displayed on the landing page. Then, follow the prompts to enter your name and the meeting Password.
Whether joining through the Zoom app or web browser, attendees should follow the prompts to connect their computer audio. Attendees are encouraged to connect through the 'Computer Audio' tab and click 'Join Audio by Computer' under the 'Join Audio' button on the bottom of their screen. Users who do not have a computer microphone and wish to provide public comment during the meeting may connect by following the prompts under the 'Phone Call' tab under the 'Join Audio' button.
For members of the public who do not have access to a personal computer, you may join the meeting audio by dialing the following number: 669-900-9128. When prompted, enter the following information: Meeting ID—986 1911 2163, followed by the pound (#) key; press pound (#) again when prompted for a participant ID; then enter Password—629071 followed by the pound (#) key. Note, dialing in to the meeting is only necessary if you are not accessing the meeting through your computer or mobile app, or if you would like to provide oral comments during the meeting but do not have a computer microphone. The public meeting will be recorded, and all comments provided will become part of the formal record.
For more information, contact Osmahn A. Kadri, Regional Environmental Quality Advisor/NEPA Project Manager, GSA, at 415-522-3617 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Mr. Kadri if special assistance is needed to attend and participate in the public meeting.