GSA is partnering with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to develop a program of projects at a number of Land Ports of Entry (LPOEs) so that FMCSA agents can safely and effectively inspect both commercial truck and bus traffic.
GSA intends to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) to analyze the potential impacts from the proposed construction of six inspection facilities at five different LPOEs in both California and Arizona. To kick off this process, GSA invites stakeholders and the public to join a series of scoping meetings to provide feedback and ask questions about these proposed projects.
- San Ysidro LPOE - Bus inspection
- Otay Mesa LPOE - Commercial Truck Inspection
- Calexico East LPOE - Bus and Commercial Truck Inspections
- San Luis II LPOE - Commercial Truck Inspection
- Nogales-Mariposa - Commercial Truck Inspection
For more information, review the notice of intent [PDF - 125 KB]. Additional documents will be added to this page as the projects progress.