Calexico West Land Port of Entry
Calexico West LPOE will remain operational over the course of renovation and expansion. There is currently one traffic advisory in effect.
Expect changes in normal traffic patterns and stay informed via these traffic advisories:
GSA understands the impact Calexico West Land Port of Entry has in the local community. We foster close working relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
Community Representatives Committee - The CRC works with communities to solicit input and feedback about the project.
Environmental Review - Read how the project complies with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and see what is planned for environmental sustainability.
- Third busiest Land Port of Entry in California
- 4 million northbound vehicles cross each year
- 4.8 million northbound pedestrians cross each year
- Critical economic engine for Calexico - Mexicali region
MODERNIZATION AND EXPANSION
- Completely renovate and expand existing port
- Increase total number of northbound POV inspection booths to 16
- Construct new northbound POV and pedestrian processing facilities in addition to a new headhouse, administration space and POV secondary inspection station
- Increase number of southbound lanes to 5
- Enhance U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s ability to conduct its mission
SCHEDULED COMPLETION AND FUNDING STATUS
- Project Design: Fully Funded
- Phase 1: March 2018 (Fully Funded)
- Phase 2: Currently Unfunded
- Estimated project cost: $370 million
- Project Funding Information
Construction on the southbound lanes has been completed ahead of schedule. All lanes of traffic are now open. For more details, click here.
AVISO DE TRAFICO
La construcción en los carriles vehiculares en dirección sur ha terminado antes de lo previsto. Todos los carriles estan abiertos.Para as detalles, oprima aquí.