Calexico West Land Port of Entry
Funding will allow GSA to pursue the final phase of construction for this critical regional project
GSA is working on the latest phase of an expansion project that will result in the total replacement of the port. See how construction is going.
Southbound vehicular traffic at Calexico West will be slightly detoured beginning Monday, August 17, to accommodate continued construction.
GSA and CBP announced the start of Phase 2A at the Calexico West LPOE, continuing the essential modernization and planned expansion of the port.
- Third busiest Land Port of Entry in California
- 4 million northbound vehicles cross each year
- 4.8 million northbound pedestrians cross each year
- Critical economic engine for Calexico-Mexicali region
Calexico West LPOE will remain operational over the course of renovation and expansion.
There is currently one traffic advisory in effect.
English | en español
Expect changes in normal traffic patterns and stay informed via this website.
GSA understands the impact Calexico West Land Port of Entry has in the local community. We foster close working relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
The Community Representatives Committee works with communities to solicit input and feedback about the project.
Read the environmental review to learn how the project complies with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and see what is planned for environmental sustainability.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Modernization and expansion
- Completely renovate and expand existing port
- Increase total number of northbound POV inspection booths to 16
- Construct new northbound POV and pedestrian processing facilities in addition to a new headhouse, administration space and POV secondary inspection station
- Increase number of southbound lanes to six
- Enhance U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s ability to conduct its mission
- Project design: Completed 2011
- Phase 1: Completed September 2018
- Phase 2A: Winter 2023
- Phase 2B: TBD
Cost and funding status
For the latest traffic advisory, click here.