Calexico West LPOE Design
The project will be constructed in two phases.
Phase 1 consisted of:
- construction of privately owned vehicle inspection facilities;
- new southbound vehicle lanes and a bridge over the New River;
- a new administrative building (command center) to supervise the non-commercial vehicle inspection area
Phase 2A will include:
- construction of a new administration building;
- increasing vehicle secondary canopy inspection areas from nine to 15;
- expanding new northbound vehicle lanes from 10 to 16;
- providing five new southbound vehicle lanes, inspection booths, and canopy area;
- and the addition of a secure employee parking area
Phase 2B will include:
- demolition of the existing port building;
- and a new and expanded pedestrian processing facility.