San Ysidro Land Port of Entry
Over 40 firefighters from the San Diego area participated in mock drills at the San Ysidro Land Port of Entry.About the exercise >
20 transportation professionals recently had the rare opportunity to tour the San Ysidro Land Port of Entry as part of the Women’s Transportation Seminar.About the tour >
- Busiest Land Port of Entry in Western Hemisphere
- 70,000 northbound vehicles processed each day
- 20,000 northbound pedestrians cross each day
- Critical economic engine for San Diego - Tijuana region
San Ysidro LPOE will remain operational over the course of renovation and expansion.
Expect changes in normal traffic patterns and stay informed via these traffic advisories:
GSA understands the impact San Ysidro Land Port of Entry has in the local community. We foster close working relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
Community Representatives Committee - The CRC works with communities to solicit input and feedback about the project.
Historic Preservation - GSA, as the lead agency for the project, initiated the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 106 consultation.
Environmental Review - The Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement has been posted.
Tenant Agencies: Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
MODERNIZATION AND EXPANSION
- Modernize and expand existing port
- "Port of the Future" featuring sustainable design and technology
- 38 additional vehicle inspection booths
- Realigns portion of Interstate 5 to connect to El Chaparral
- Enhances U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s ability to conduct its mission
- Additional bidirectional pedestrian crossing and multimodal transit center
- Phase 1: Completed Summer 2016
- Phase 1A: Pedestrian Bridge – Completed April 2011
- Phase 1B: Northbound Vehicular Inspection – Completed December 2014
- Phase 1C: Southbound Pedestrian Crossing – Completed August 2012
- Phase 1D: PedWest – Completed July 2016
- Phase 1E: Virginia Ave Transit Center - Completed July 2016
- Phase 2: Main Administration Building – Completed August 2018
- Historic Custom House & Southbound Plaza– Summer 2019
- Phase 3: I-5 North & Southbound Inspection Facilities – Winter 2019
All phases are fully funded.
COST AND FUNDING STATUS
- Estimated project cost: $741 million
- Project Funding Information
There is currently one GSA traffic advisory in effect. Read the release.
For the latest border wait times, visit CBP's border wait times app.
Drivers are advised to monitor posted signs and continue to use available lanes.
For the latest traffic conditions and wait time please call 619-690-8999 or visit the CBP Wait Times App.
AVISO DE TRAFICO
Actualmente hay un aviso de trafico en efecto. Lea el aviso aquí.
Para ver los tiempos de espera para cruzar mas actualizados, favor de visitar la aplicación de CBP.
Se les avisa a los conductores que sigan las señales de tráfico y utilicen los carriles disponibles.
Para obtener la información mas actualizada sobre las condiciones del trafico y el tiempo de espera llame al 619-690-8999.