2019 DFC Projects
It’s shaping up to be a busy 2019. Here’s a look at some planned DFC projects.
- 8th Street Sidewalk will consist of the entire walk along 8th and between Main and Center as well as Main and 8th (Phases 1 and 2) will be complete mid March. The final phase at Center and 8th towards Building 85 is underway and will be complete early to mid April.
- The Building 46 Landscaping Project on the east side of Building 46 is ongoing with the civil works portion to be completed by the end of March followed by the actual landscaping piece to be completed in late spring. A row of trees will be installed to provide some much needed shade for tenants from the bright mornings but it will also allow warming sunlight in the winter. The primary goal of the project is to get water to drain away from the buildings, however, it is also an opportunity to beautify the space. Through careful planning by the project team, the government shutdown did not impact the timeline.
- Gate 1 Marquee is temporarily shut-down and due for replacement in mid March.
- DFC Directional/Wayfinding Signs will be refurbished in mid March.
- Exterior LED Lighting eliminates all high pressure and low pressure sodium lighting on the DFC with energy efficient LED lights. We will also work to place all street and parking lot lighting on photo cells rather than timers that need resetting as dusk to dawn times change.
- DFC Roof Repair Project is a $7.5 million roof project for Buildings 20, 40, 50 and 95, which were damaged by hail last year. Almost all the design work has been completed but the actual schedule for the repairs is still being worked out. Construction is expected to start in May 2019 and be completed in October 2019. Tenants should be aware that new pedestrian paths may be required to steer people away from construction traffic and some parking spaces may be taken up by the contractor for a limited time. Building managers will advise tenants of proposed construction times and provide as much advance notice as possible.