Pierre Federal Building/U.S. Post Office/U.S. Courthouse
225 S Pierre Street
Pierre, SD 57501
Click Here for Directions
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mon. - Fri., except holidays
U.S. Courts, U.S. Attorney's Office, U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Probation, U.S. Postal Service, SSA, DOL, and GSA.
This building was originally built in 1965 and it is the only federal building in Pierre including five floors that have about 94,600 total rentable square feet. There is an on-going long-term need to provide office space to agencies such as the Courts, U.S. Attorney’s Office, the U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Probation, U.S. Postal Service, Social Security Administration, Department of Labor, and the General Services Administration.
The building underwent a major renovation that allowed it to achieve the status of a high-performance green building. For details, download the Pierre SD ARRA Project Update Oct. 2011 [PDF - 104 KB].
Directions & Parking
From the west: Remain on Hwy 14 East . At intersection with Hwy 83, take a left remaining on Hwy 14 East/Hwy 83 North. Cross the Missouri River, remaining on Hwy 14 changing to W. Sioux Avenue. Continue on West Sioux Avenue. Turn Left onto S. Pierre Street. The building is on your left.
From the south: Remain on Hwy 83 North. Continue through town on Hwy 83 North, changing to W. Sioux Avenue. Turn Left onto S. Pierre Street. The building is on your left.
From the north: Remain on Hwy 83 South/Hwy 14 West. Continue through town on Euclid Ave. Follow Hwy signs as you turn right onto E. Pleasant Drive and then left on to S. Pierre Street. Turn right on to W. Sioux Avenue. The building is on your right.
Short-term basis is available on both sides of South Pierre Street.
Additional parking is available at the free City Parking Lots half a block from the building, one on the south side of Pierre Street and one on the north side in the designated area in front of King’s Inn (behind Walgreens).
Click the directions link to enter starting address and generate detailed directions.
Report a Maintenance Issue
- Post Office
- Joint use conference room on second floor
- Bike rack on NE corner of lot
- Vending machine in lobby of the federal building
- Triple glazing (1 1/8”) vision units with Cardinal (1/4”) 272 “Low-E Squared” clear glass outboard, two (2) argon/krypton-filled airspaces, a central suspended coated film, and (1/4”) inboard clear glass, increases the performance of the building enclosure.
- Increase of glazed areas by 15% thus increasing the natural daylight/day light harvesting.
- Native plant installation with drip irrigation as a water saving measure.