Region 8 is paving the way to a sustainable future through:
- Standardized Scope Language and Project Reviews ensure sustainability is built-in
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs) expand funding capabilities.
- Generated Renewable Energy via On-site Solar, Wind, & Geothermal and Utility- provider off-site renewable subscriptions
- GSA Proving Ground tests and deploys emerging technologies with a Pilot-to-Portfolio strategy
- Reflective roofs reduce cooling load and heat island effect
- Our Electric Vehicle program that provides guidance and coordination for installing
Choosing safer materials creates healthful workplaces and proper disposal diverts waste from landfills. We proudly practice:
- Mindful Contracting and Procurement of Sustainable Custodial and Construction Products with the SF Tool
- Recycling of everyday items, universal wastes, excess property, E-waste, and compost (where feasible), and construction waste
- Phasing out Ozone-Depleting Refrigerants
Our actions have resulted in an Annual Waste Diversion Rate of 56%.
This is where you come into play.
The Energy Act of 2020 and EO’s ABC and XYZ call for a government-wide effort toward sustainability.
We can’t achieve these national goals without your help!
YOU control the energy use in your space by:
- Limiting plug loads by powering off at night/weekends and unplugging equipment when not in use.
- Adhering to runtimes and schedules and Regional Standard Space Temperatures & Setbacks agreed-upon in the Occupancy Agreement Enact Data Center (IT) Efficiency Standards
- Educating and empower your workforce
- Enabling your employees to use alternate transportation by coordinating rideshares, providing transit subsidies, and installing EV charging stations
- Encouraging participation in our recycling and compost programs and Building Green Teams
- Ensuring your agency follows green purchasing standards
- Implementing Health & Wellness standards like Daylighting and Active Design
Here are some of the certifications we’ve received:
- 50% of R8’s portfolio is Guiding Principles certified
- 16 buildings Fitwel (Health & Wellness) certified LEED
- New construction and major renovations are LEED BD+C Gold or better
- Pursuing DFC LEED Master Site Plan
- Many LEEP APs on staff
- Downtown Denver is a 2030 District Member
- GSA is a pivotal member of the Federal Interagency Sustainability Working Group
Smart Buildings Software Solutions include:
- Building Automation Systems
- Advanced Metering & Submetering
- Energy and Water Intraweb Dashboard
- GSA Link Data Analytics
Region 8’s Team of High-Performance Operations Specialists (HiPOs) and Building Efficiency Experts (BEEs):
- Monitor and Track Energy & Water Usage
- Collaborate with Facility Teams to Identify
- Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs) and
- leverage synergies
- Harness the Computerized Maintenance
- Management System to plan effective
- Preventative Maintenance and make
- informed decisions.
- Perform Continuous Commissioning and BAS Re-tuning to enhance efficiency
- 36% Energy Use Reduction (vs. 2003)
- 51% Water Use Reduction (vs. 2007)