Region 8 offers experienced procurement professionals who are trained in contracting for all business needs to help you with:
- Architect/engineering services
- Determining the best contracting method for a given requirement
- Ensuring requirements are met at competitive market prices and within the required schedule
- General services
- General supplies (including furniture)
- Professional Services
- Using technical contracting expertise to contract specific types of products or services
Our procurement professionals are thoroughly trained in using the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and General Services Administration Manual (GSAM), as well as best practices in federal contracting.
Contracting officers are integral to helping customers fill requirements on-time and within budget. Their role includes the following:
- Adding a business perspective to develop and fulfill customer requirements
- Ensuring regulatory requirements are met while working for speedy and innovative delivery
- Maintaining current knowledge of best federal contracting practices by completing required courses and working with peers
- Navigating the requirement and procurement from development through close-out to protect the customer’s interest and ensure regulatory compliance
- Using efficient and proven contracting processes to reduce the risk of loss
- Working closely with project managers to develop a clear requirement and achievable schedule
- Working to ensure successful completion of the project from start to close-out
Our procurement team includes highly trained job series 1101, 1102, and 1170 contracting professionals.
Across the region, 63 contracting officers with 8 additional contract specialists and 23 leasing contracting officers support procurement needs.
Within this group, 15 have achieved a basic (Level I) Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Certification, 13 have earned an intermediate (Level II) FAC-C Certification, and 20 have earned the most advanced (Level III) FAC-C Certification.
To Learn More
If you need assistance with real estate or construction requirements, please contact the Public Buildings Service. For all other procurement needs (including professional services and commodities), please contact the Federal Acquisition Service.