New Anniston U.S. Courthouse
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
In 2016, Congress appropriated funding for the construction of a new 63,000-gross-square-foot federal courthouse in Anniston, Alabama, for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama. Anticipated to achieve LEED Gold certification, the new courthouse will provide a district courtroom, a bankruptcy courtroom, three judges’ chambers and 13 secured parking spaces. Other court related tenants include the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the U.S. Marshals Service, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, a bankruptcy administrator and the U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services System.
GSA’s work to build the new federal courthouse in Anniston is currently in the construction phase. The anticipated construction completion and occupancy is spring 2022.
Authorized funding: $42,575,000 (site acquisition, design, construction, and related expenses)
Project Delivery Method: Design Build
Lead Design Architect: Page Southerland Page.
- Construction Start – November 2019
- Anticipated Construction Completion – Spring 2022
- O'Brien & Gere Engineers, Inc. (NEPA) - Oct. 2016
- TAG Architects (Program of Requirements Study) - Awarded Oct. 2016
- Procon Consulting (Construction Manager as Agent/ Commissioning Authority) - Awarded Mar. 2018
- B.L. Harbert International LLC (Design Build Contractor) - Awarded Mar. 2019
GSA awards design-build contract for Anniston U.S. Courthouse project
New Federal Courthouse Facilities Coming to Nashville, Charlotte, Greenville, Anniston and Savannah
GSA Announces $947 Million Courthouse Investment Plan
FY 2016 Funding Meets Judiciary Needs
Public Affairs Officer
The shortcut for this page is: www.gsa.gov/annistoncourthouse