New Anniston U.S. Courthouse
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
In 2016, Congress appropriated funding for the construction of a new 63,000-gross-square-foot federal courthouse in Anniston, Alabama, for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama. Anticipated to achieve LEED Gold certification, the new courthouse will provide two courtrooms and three judges’ chambers. Other court related tenants include the U.S. Marshals Service and the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
GSA issued a Notice of Determination of No Practicable Alternative and Selection of Site in Aug. 2018, for the proposed site of the new courthouse, currently occupied by Anniston City Hall.
The design efforts on the new courthouse commenced in March 2019, with preliminary concept documents due April 2019.
GSA’s project team will seek Approval of the Concept design by the GSA PBS Commissioner in late July 2019.
Authorized funding: $42,575,000 (site acquisition, design, construction, and related expenses)
Project Delivery Method: Design Build
Lead Design Architect: The Architect/Engineer (AE) will be part of the Design Build team
- Anticipated Construction Start – Fall 2019
- Anticipated Construction Completion – Fall 2021
- O'Brien & Gere Engineers, Inc. (NEPA) - Oct. 2016
- TAG Architects (Program of Requirements Study) - Awarded Oct. 2016
- Procon Consulting (Construction Manager as Agent/ Commissioning Authority) - Awarded Mar. 2018
- BL Harbert International LLC (Design-Build) -- Jan. 2019
The shortcut for this page is: www.gsa.gov/annistoncourthouse