New Anniston U.S. Courthouse
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
In 2016, Congress appropriated funding for the construction of a new 63,000-gross-square-foot federal courthouse in Anniston, Alabama, for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama. Anticipated to achieve LEED Gold certification, the new courthouse will provide a district courtroom, a bankruptcy courtroom, three judges’ chambers and 13 secured parking spaces. Other court related tenants include the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, the U.S. Marshals Service, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, a bankruptcy administrator and the U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services System.
The design phase for this courthouse project commenced in March 2019.
GSA and the City of Anniston successfully transferred the deed to the former Anniston City Hall on Aug. 30, 2019. Demolition is anticipated to begin in late fall 2019. Additionally, GSA released the approved exterior renderings of the new courthouse.
GSA project team will continue to work with the courthouse’s design-build contractor to further refine the design and construction schedule.
Authorized funding: $42,575,000 (site acquisition, design, construction, and related expenses)
Project Delivery Method: Design Build
Lead Design Architect: The Architect/Engineer (AE) will be part of the Design Build team
- Anticipated Construction Start – Fall 2019
- Anticipated Construction Completion – Fall 2021
- O'Brien & Gere Engineers, Inc. (NEPA) - Oct. 2016
- TAG Architects (Program of Requirements Study) - Awarded Oct. 2016
- Procon Consulting (Construction Manager as Agent/ Commissioning Authority) - Awarded Mar. 2018
- B.L. Harbert International LLC (Design Build Contractor) - Awarded Mar. 2019
The shortcut for this page is: www.gsa.gov/annistoncourthouse