Language services include:
- Translation of written, electronic and multi-media material to and from English and native Foreign languages. Materials include but are not limited to: Business, Legal, Medical, Technical, Documents, Braille, Software, Website localization for Internet and Intranet, Video subtitling, captioning, and Transcriptions for Title III Monitoring and more.
- Interpretation of oral communication to and from English and native Foreign Languages. Interpretation includes but is not limited to: Simultaneous, Consecutive, Escort, Community, Telephonic and Voiceovers. Interpreter forums may include meetings, conferences, seminars, litigation, briefings, training and more.
- Customized or standardized off-the-shelf Foreign Language training courses at on and off site locations in classroom, private, semi-private, tutorial and in-country immersion forums and more.
- Comprehensive Language Services in support of local, national, or global requirements that support the missions of military, law enforcement, homeland and national security organizations among others. Services include but are not limited to: Collecting, translating/interpreting and delivering mission related data; performing data analysis; cultural consulting; role-playing; Title III monitoring and intercepts and more.
- Services that enhance the accessibility and availability of the spoken and written word by those who are visually and/or hearing impaired. Sign Language Services include ASL/English, Manually Coded English, Pigeon Signed English (PSE), Contact Sign, International Sign Other services include Closed Captioning, Voice-overs, Textbook or Audio Script Translation, Website (HTML) and Online Document Translation with typesetting services, Telephone Services (TDD and TTY), Close-Captioning and more.
The various services offered are listed below with their associated Special Item Number (SIN) and links to a list of vetted contractors for each type of service:
- A full description of Services covered under each SIN can be found at GSA Schedules eLibrary.
- The NAICS code(s) associated with the RFQ must match a NAICS code listed with the Professional Services Schedule. Only one NAICS (dominant) may be used in the resulting task order.
Foreign Language Services Ordering Guide [PDF - 989 KB] , written by the Language Services Procurement Committee, a committee of the Interagency Working Group on Limited English Proficiency (August 2016)
& Link to Contractors
|382 1||541930||Translation Services|
|382 2||541930||Interpretation Services|
|382 3||541930||Training and Educational Materials|
|382 4||541930||Comprehensive Linguistic Analytical Support Services (CLASS)|
|382 5||541930||Services for the Visual and Hearing Impaired|
|100 01||541890||Introduction of New Services|
|100 03||541330||Ancillary Supplies and/or Services|
Special Conditions of Use:
Medical transcription is not included.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/language.