The Express Desk processes vehicle orders for government agencies that are needed on an "Unusual and Compelling Urgency" basis (in accordance with FAR 6.302-2(c)). Agencies must justify the reasons for using the Express Desk, instead of waiting for the normal procurement cycle and delivery time.
Prices will generally be higher than the established contract prices because the vehicles are purchased from a dealership and not directly from the manufacturer.
To place an Express Desk order:
Express Desk orders can be placed using AutoChoice. Please call 844-472-1200 for guidance.
Rules and guidelines governing the Express Desk:
- GSA is the mandatory source for non-tactical vehicles.
- GSA, by regulation, must seek three sources of competition for the procurement.
- GSA encourages customers to recommend the names of dealers within the delivery area to be solicited by GSA. Please advise GSA of the names, addresses, phone numbers and dealer contacts with the requisition. There is no guarantee that a suggested source will receive a contract award.
- Customers should NOT negotiate terms and conditions with a potential contractor prior to sending in a requisition to GSA.
- After being advised by GSA about the price and any exceptions or clarifications covering the vehicle(s) solicited, agencies must expedite final decision. Dealers will generally not hold vehicle(s) more than 48 hours.
- The government's payment terms are always NET 30 days when a proper invoice is received.
- The GSA surcharge for Express Desk orders is one percent, except during August through September, when the surcharge is five percent.
- If a "brand specific" vehicle is required, a complete and comprehensive Justification for Full and Open Competition (JOFOC) must be provided or the order will be rejected.