Diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility are the fabric of a healthy democracy and innovation. The diversity of our country and the equitable, inclusive, and accessible government that our people deserve are some of the biggest reasons why I was so honored to become the Director of GSA’s Technology Transformation Services (TTS).
This work starts at home! At TTS, our values are a promise to the public and our partners that we renew every day:
- Inclusion: We put people first and celebrate what brings us together and makes each of us unique to meet the public’s needs.
- Integrity: We are present, transparent, and honest to enable accessible and trustworthy innovation.
- Impact: We grow together and create lasting change for the good of the public and public servants.
One thing I love about TTS is that we learn in the open. One example is the TTS Handbook page, “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at TTS,” which documents some of our approach and learnings thus far. I often return to this handbook page to brush up on inclusive practices at organizational, management, team, and individual levels. Creating a culture of belonging is never done. Storytelling and learning in the open are great ways to carry it forward.
Today, I’m excited to join the GSA equity blog series that will highlight diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) in everyday action. The series will provide the opportunity to hear from TTS employees, including:
- Insights and best practices from our Diversity Guild, a formal, on-going community and platform for our employees to share experiences, resources, and learn from one another;
- Expertise and experiences of employees in our Black and African American affinity group and women’s affinity group; and
- Best practices for accessible products and workplaces from our Accessibility Guild and People with Disabilities affinity group.
This journey isn’t easy, but it’s so worth it. We’ll include the challenges we face so that, together, we can build back better.
Thank you for joining us on this journey!